Where Ive Been...




Hey Guys! 

It’s definitely been a while since my last post. Guess you can say I got caught up with life. Too busy to sit down and write. Also having writer's block, and not knowing what to write played a part. But here I am, I’m back! I've decided to do a little blog on where I've been and what I've been up to for the past couple of months. So if you didn’t know I got the opportunity to work for the Cincinnati Reds during spring training. This required me to pack up and move to Arizona. It was the best decision I made and I certainly made the most of my two and a half months there. The position I took on for the Reds was baseball operations. Where I basically did a little bit of everything. From directing tours, creating pitching charts, to making sure the coaches all had copies of the lineup for the day. When it was a slow day in the office, I was able to go out back and watch the guys hit BP. On games days I was able to take the golf cart up to the stadium, flash my badge and go sit and watch a couple innings of the game. (I mean how could I complain)  I spent a majority of my week at the complex, and the other time was spent at other facilities watching other spring training games. I got to catch a Dodgers and Rangers game at Surprise and went to the Peoria complex to see the Mariners and Padres a few times.






 My dad also came to visit me so we made sure to catch the Angels Dodgers at Camelback. After spring training came to an end so did my journey in Arizona. I decided to move back home and figure out what was my next step. Upon job searching, I came across a posting for a sports podcast. I instantly applied and was in communication about the position within the next 24 hours. Turns out that I was speaking to Ted Enberg the son of legendary sports broadcaster Dick Enberg. A trip to San Juan Capistrano to meet in person, I later accepted the position as Ted Enberg’s assistant. Who is in the process of following in his dad's footsteps. This was a huge deal!! I couldn’t wait for what was to come.  I organized my fair share of podcast interviews, which involved me being in contact with various celebrity athletes. My job also required me to conduct research about them, which helped me learn more about their backgrounds. I also helped with researching facts for the softball world series, which were used during a live broadcast on ESPN. It’s been a fulfilling four months but the podcast opportunity has come to an end for us. However, I plan to still continue to assist Ted with any needs for other broadcasts. I’m also very lucky to have found such a great mentor through this process. As to where this leads me now, I’ve been making practice videos of reporting and I’m also considering whether or not I should go back to school. I'm not sure what my next steps will be, I just know that the climb to my dreams will be all worth it in the end! 













Comments