My First Out of State Ballpark Experience!

Hey Guys!

So if you know me, you know that I have a bucket list to visit all the MLB stadiums. If you don't me, well now you know that one day I hope to say I've been to 30 ballparks. Up until recently I had been to three of the California stadiums; Angels, Dodgers and the Padres. However I was able to cross my first out of state stadium experience off my list. When the idea of wanting to fulfill this desire came about, I knew that the first stadium I visited out of state had to be Wrigley! So when I say I went to Chicago to see Wrigley, well that was really the main reason. Wrigley Field being my number one priority, I thought that I might as well catch a White Sox game also, because why not knock out two stadiums in one trip. Let me tell you it was extremely hard to find a week when the two both had home games. Of course it wasn't impossible, so the week where they were both at home, was the week I'd be flying out to Chicago with my aunt. I visited Guaranteed Rate Field on Wednesday night. To get to both stadiums we rode the subway ( I had never been on one before!) It was totally a fun experience! The view right when I got off the subway couldn't get much better.









I excitedly made my way toward Guaranteed Rate stadium,  the front entrance was so welcoming, and set up so perfectly. The stadium was pretty empty. Which made it easy to do a whole lap around the stadium. Coincidentally it was Dog night so half of the concourse was dedicated to that, and I passed about 100 dogs as I walked around exploring. The two statues deserved recognition so I had to stop and take a few pics!

















After I went down to the lower level they had a bar called Craft Kave. There you can sit and drink while you watch the away team warm up in the bullpen through the glass window! Literally the coolest thing ever!!! Obviously that was my favorite part of the stadium. Also I ate the best burger ever! Which was called 5-4-3=2, if you score keep or know standard baseball positions and plays, well then it was a pretty clever name! Although at first I didn't see the "=" sign, so I sat for 10 minutes trying to come up with this insane play in my head of how the ball went from 3rd to 2nd to 1st and then to the catcher at home. I then realized it was simply just saying = 2 as in 2 outs! Y'all would of laughed because I tried so hard to create a realistic scenario for that play.


























The White Sox faced the Cleveland Indians. The game ended in a loss for the Sox's with the score of 5-1.  The view of the field was great from my seats and, all in all my experience at Guaranteed Rate field was amazing to say the least.


The next stop was Wrigley Field. The second oldest baseball stadium there is! We got off the subway
 ( My aunt and I) and we were left in a neighborhood which was about a 10 minute walk to the stadium. After we passed the little neighborhood of houses, we found ourselves on a street filled with bars on both sides. Needless to say having a strip of bars leading you to the stadium is just brilliant. Of course we popped our head in one of them, to get our pre game on! There I had a blue drink called Cubby kool-aid with a side of Texas tater tots, (not sure why they were called texas tots, but either way they were delicious!)  It was now time to head to the stadium. The feeling I got from seeing the outside of the stadium was like a dream come true! I was finally standing right in front of the Chicago Cubs stadium! 

A little history about Wrigley is that being the second oldest stadium, it was built with no lights. Stadium lights weren't installed until 1988, meaning that all of their games were played during the day. The Cubs organization likes to stay true to this tradition, however ironically they switched the game from being a 1pm day game to a 7pm night game. So I guess it was kind of cool to
say I got attend one of the few night games played at Wrigley field. Old stadium means they have still have the manual scoreboard, which was super cool to see! Of course the famous ivy wall deserved some recognition as it plays a part of making Wrigley what it is.



Even though the Cubs lost to the Milwaukee Brewers 2-0. It was great to see the 2016 World Series Champions play at home!

5 stadiums down, 25 more to go!

Comments